Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM with React or Angular 4

Level 2

We are planning to migrate existing AEM + AngularJS into new JS technologies like React or Angular 4. But both of these are server side rendering technologies.

We tried searching to find any official document to support one of these technologies with AEM.

Can any one suggest/guide us what is the way of integrating AEM with Angular 4/React?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can check this blog for your reference of integrating AEM with Angular 4

http://keysandstrokes.info/integrate-aem-6-2-angular-24/

Also there are some using links in this forum thread too: Angular 2/4 with AEM

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can check this blog for your reference of integrating AEM with Angular 4

http://keysandstrokes.info/integrate-aem-6-2-angular-24/

Also there are some using links in this forum thread too: Angular 2/4 with AEM

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Employee Advisor

Both Angular and React are not server-side technologies in the first place. You can have server-side aspects, that's true. Both of them work fine in the combination of HTL/Sling models on the server-side plus the respective JS framework in the browser.

Running React code within AEM is possible, but at the moment there is no product support for it (you need to build it on your own).

Jörg

Level 2

Hi Ratna Kumar,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I went through the link you provided, which has integrating angular 2 in AEM, I don't see any download link in it.

I am actually looking further to it like components creation, dialog parameters reading.  etc.

I also would like to understand which one is better option for AEM to integrate with ...Anguar/React?

Level 2

Hi Jörg Hoh

Thanks for your reply.

I am still learning and trying to understand more about Angular and React. I was thinking that it requires some kind of Node js or some other kind of Javascript engine running on server side, please correct me if i am wrong.

Any idea if we have to compare Angular+AEM vs Angular+React, which one is the best option to go with?

Please point me if you have some POC having some components in any combination.

Thanks in Advance.

Anil Kumar.

Employee Advisor

You can run Angular or React or any other client-side framework with any kind of backend technology (that mean without using a Node-based backend).

And there is no single best option; only options which better suit your requirements than others. But that is something we cannot decide for you.

regards,

Jörg