Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM with Multiple authors

Employee Advisor

Hello Experts,

I am exploring if anyone has used a setup with two active-active authors? I know that we can have active-passive authors, but I am checking if it's feasible to have active-active also.

• Hosting: AMS/On-Prem 
  • Repository: Oak
  • AEM Version: 6.5 SP11

Thanks
Mohit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Yes, it can be acheived by having MongoDB instead of OOTB TarMK. Except this I don't think you can have more than 1 active author at a time.

But, MongoDB will typically be used for supporting AEM author deployments where one of the following criteria is met:

• More than 1000 unique users per day;
  • More than 100 concurrent users;
  • High volumes of page edits;
  • Large rollouts or activations.

The criteria above are only for the author instances and not for any publish instances which should all be TarMK based. The number of users refers to authenticated users, as author instances do not allow unauthenticated access.

Refer here fore more information

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/introduction/aem-with-mongod... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Yes, it can be acheived by having MongoDB instead of OOTB TarMK. Except this I don't think you can have more than 1 active author at a time.

But, MongoDB will typically be used for supporting AEM author deployments where one of the following criteria is met:

• More than 1000 unique users per day;
  • More than 100 concurrent users;
  • High volumes of page edits;
  • Large rollouts or activations.

The criteria above are only for the author instances and not for any publish instances which should all be TarMK based. The number of users refers to authenticated users, as author instances do not allow unauthenticated access.

Refer here fore more information

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/introduction/aem-with-mongod... 

Employee Advisor

I agree that MongoDB can solve this problem, but we are looking to use TarMK repo only.

I will wait for more opinions on this topic.

Employee Advisor

No, there is not option to run a TarMK setup in an active-active mode.

Employee Advisor

I also have some understanding, just thought to discuss and take opinion. Thanks for the validation.

Level 1

I have a somewhat related question.  I want to create a clone of an active author and make another author, and I want to run an import job on the second author, and then I want to replicate the information from the second author back to the primary author.  I have a TarMK setup.  Is this doable?  
If the first method is not doable, can I do this?:
Second author replicates to active publisher, and then publisher reverse replicates back to the primary author.