Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

AEM Web Console Pattern Detector - non.backwards.compatible.content

Level 1

I'm new to AEM and I'm working in an 6.3 to 6.5 in-place upgrade activity. As part of this, while I'm fixing the issues raised by pattern detector I found the below issue and I'm unable to fix this. Can anyone help me to fix this? 

InkedMigratingPatternDetectorError_LI.jpg

This is the possible solution but I don't really know how to do this:

Overlay or reference only Sling components that are backwards compatible

Consider resources needed for adapting changes coming from /libs or bundles after AEM upgrades

2 Replies

Level 1
Thank you!! I already solved the problem. This page helps me http://www.sgaemsolutions.com/2019/02/how-to-make-page-component-and-template.html . The value of Super Type used to change as per the AEM Version. In AEM 6.3, we use “/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v1/page” for Super Type. In AEM 6.2, we use “/libs/wcm/foundation/components/page” for Super Type.

Level 10

Hi Jon, 

What this message means is that somewhere in you are referencing a component which works in 6.3 but may no longer work in 6.5.

In this specific instance, it looks like your contentpage component overrides wcm/foundation/components/page, which is deprecated in 6.5. The new component to override is wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage.

I am actually also doing a 6.3 -> 6.5 migration at the moment and I highly recommend you migrate towards AEM Core Components which implements many common components (including a Page component) using the latest best practices and a number of great features! Much easier than re-inventing the wheel, and it's backed by Adobe so you don't have to worry about compatibility issues or support