Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Aem version of component issue

Level 6

Hi Team,

I created a v2 of my component inside v2 folder but when I drop the component on page it's picking the v1 version of component.

Keerthi0555_0-1699941758591.png

Is something I'm missing I compared with core components versioning th eonly difference I found is 

Keerthi0555_0-1699941846169.png

Is that we should follow nodes inside button for versions or we can folders as well?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Keerthi0555 ,

This should be an issue of parsys policy. Maybe your policy is allowed for only the v1 component. To make sure in your component jcr:title="Button (v1)" and jcr:title="Button (v2)" rename it for now and check the difference.

If so, allow the component v2 from by policy update.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Keerthi0555 ,

This should be an issue of parsys policy. Maybe your policy is allowed for only the v1 component. To make sure in your component jcr:title="Button (v1)" and jcr:title="Button (v2)" rename it for now and check the difference.

If so, allow the component v2 from by policy update.

Level 6

Thank you, it's working now, is there a way we can inherit style policies as well from v1 version of component?

Community Advisor

In a sense NO. Policies can be reused on another template.

In AEM we basically inherited the /apps part.

Sady_Rifat_0-1699957554914.png

When you configure the v2 component policy it will create another node based on your project structure.

Community Advisor

Hi @Keerthi0555 
Can you please check sling resourceSupertype for your proxy component, it should be pointing to v2 version of your component.

https://github.com/arunpatidar02/aemaacs-aemlab/blob/f96ce5316dfa4798c72d2e87d3a0b41fc49791a4/ui.app... 

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@Keerthi0555 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni