Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

AEM Unable to Install Mod Security

Level 3

I am trying to add mod security to my AEM Site.

But I am having issue

The following errors were found in the httpd config:
conf.d/available_vhosts/website.vhost:5: included file (conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf) does not match any known file

conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:2: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/crs-setup.conf) does not match any known file
conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:5: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/crs-setup.custom.conf) does not match any known file
conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:11: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/rules/REQUEST-900-EXCLUSION-RULES-BEFORE-CRS.conf) does not match any known file
conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:12: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/rules/REQUEST-901-INITIALIZATION.conf) does not match any known file
conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:13: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/rules/REQUEST-905-COMMON-EXCEPTIONS.conf) does not match any known file
conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:14: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/rules/REQUEST-910-IP-REPUTATION.conf) does not match any known file
conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:15: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/rules/REQUEST-912-DOS-PROTECTION.conf) does not match any known file
conf.d/modsec/modsecurity.conf:16: included file (conf.d/modsec/crs/rules/REQUEST-949-BLOCKING-EVALUATION.conf) does not match any known file

followed this article : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/foundation/security/modsecurity-...

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi @ashikg3 ,

The error message you are encountering suggests that the included files in your Apache HTTP Server configuration for ModSecurity cannot be found. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Verify file paths: Double-check that the paths specified in the `modsecurity.conf` file and other included files are correct. Ensure that the files mentioned in the error message exist in the specified locations.

2. Check file permissions: Ensure that the files and directories related to ModSecurity have the appropriate permissions for the Apache HTTP Server to access them. Make sure that the user running the Apache HTTP Server process has read access to the files.

3. Confirm file availability: Confirm that the ModSecurity files are present in the expected locations. If you followed the article you mentioned, make sure that you have downloaded and placed the ModSecurity files in the correct directories.

4. Restart Apache HTTP Server: After making any changes to the configuration or file locations, restart the Apache HTTP Server to apply the changes.

5. Verify Apache HTTP Server configuration: Check the Apache HTTP Server configuration files (`httpd.conf`, `httpd-vhosts.conf`, etc.) to ensure that the paths and includes are correctly specified. Make sure that the `Include` directives for the ModSecurity files are present and correctly pointing to the files.

6. Review Apache HTTP Server logs: Check the Apache HTTP Server error logs for any additional error messages or warnings related to ModSecurity. The logs may provide more specific information about the issue.

If you have followed the article you mentioned and are still encountering issues, it may be helpful to review the steps and ensure that all the necessary files and configurations are in place. Additionally, consult the official ModSecurity documentation or seek assistance from the Adobe Experience Manager community or support for further troubleshooting.

Level 3

1. I have ensure we have all the file over there.

2. We have mod security file all of them there

3. I have compile the dispatcher manually on my local it's working fine. but with validator it's giving me error and unable to solve it any way. Didn't find any solution from Adobe support team too.