Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM SQL 2 Query Java

Level 6

I am running aem sql 2 query in java.

query : SELECT * FROM [cq:PageContent] AS s WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE([/content/apples/en]) AND s.[sling:resourceType] = 'apples/components/page/article' ORDER BY s.[published] DESC

I am using javax.jcr.query.Query query API to generate a query. I am also

Session session = resolver.adaptTo(Session.class);

QueryManager queryManager = session.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();

javax.jcr.query.Query query = queryManager.createQuery(sqlStatement, javax.jcr.query.Query.JCR_SQL2);

query.setLimit(limit);

query.setOffset(offset);

QueryResult result = query.execute();

In result i am able to getting 10 results with starting from offset. But if want actual full request set of the query Can you suggest me correct way to get it.

I am trying to implement pagination logic. in result set. I have to result back  first 10 results and total count of the query.

Please suggest correct way to implement this using SQL2 query.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

if you want to display all the result comes from the query you need to set the limit to -1 as described into the docs [0].

My suggestion is to avoid this usage because if you have a lot of element you can face some performance issue; the best way is to use a pagination in order to get all the elements by page.

Have a look to the docs [0] which is very helpful.

Let me know if you need some other details.

[0] Query Builder API

Thanks,

Antonio

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

if you want to display all the result comes from the query you need to set the limit to -1 as described into the docs [0].

My suggestion is to avoid this usage because if you have a lot of element you can face some performance issue; the best way is to use a pagination in order to get all the elements by page.

Have a look to the docs [0] which is very helpful.

Let me know if you need some other details.

[0] Query Builder API

Thanks,

Antonio

Level 6

Hi antoniom54959291

I checked query but it does not say to set limit to -1.

Here is the API I am using.

Query (Content Repository for Java Technology API Version 2.0)

When I tried setting lmit to -1 Following error

Limit may not be negative, is: -1

Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Limit may not be negative, is: -1 at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.query.QueryImpl.setLimit(QueryImpl.java:139)

Level 7

Hi,

I think that is better for you to use the AEM API [0]. By using AEM API you need to set the setHitsPerPage to 0.

[0] Query ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

Thanks,

Antonio

Level 6

I tried with predicate query. i see results set working but I cannot make sort order work.

path=/content/apples/en&property=sling:resourceType&property.value=apples/components/page/article&orderby=@jcr:content/cq:lastModified&orderby.sort=desc

Please advise

Community Advisor

modify your query like below:

path=/content/apples/en

type=cq:PageContent

property=sling:resourceType

property.value=apples/components/page/ article

orderby=@cq:lastModified

orderby.sort=desc

p.limit=-1

Arun Patidar