Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM SPA (React) + HTL - Dispatcher Configuration

Level 3

Hello AEM Community

I have an AEM customer that has his AEM Architecture foundation developed with SPA (React) and we need migrate 2 templates + 10 components from React to HTL, heaving both React + HTL living together on the same environment.

However a main doubt my team and I have is: Does the Dispatcher works for such ui architecture and if yes what are the tasks or configurations involved to support such environment ?

Really appreciate hear back from the community

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

Just for further reference, its not that clear whether you are using SPA editor (which essentially is a react app inside AEM) or in a headless fashion.

If it is of SPA editor mode, then it will follow the existing AEM architecture. All the frontend code written in ui.frontend essentially transforms into a client library JS and the JS will invode the cached AEM site hierarchy pages as per the user interaction. Hope that clarifies the questions

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

Just for further reference, its not that clear whether you are using SPA editor (which essentially is a react app inside AEM) or in a headless fashion.

If it is of SPA editor mode, then it will follow the existing AEM architecture. All the frontend code written in ui.frontend essentially transforms into a client library JS and the JS will invode the cached AEM site hierarchy pages as per the user interaction. Hope that clarifies the questions

Employee

Hi Nirmal

is headless and checking with Adobe Target Product Team, they confirmed that Target Visual Experience Composer (VEC) is not 100% compatible with SPA technology. And the Adobe recommendation is to use Forms Experience Composer (FEC).

and thank you for shared your insights, it was helpful.