Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM | SPA React Component with a responsive grid

Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can include response grid inside react component?

It was possible in HTL.

<sly data-sly-resource="${'content' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid'}"></sly>

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can use that component. It's clientlibs are defined under ui.apps:

"As part of the starter project a dedicated client library for the Responsive Grid has been included in the ui.apps project. You can view the client library at /aem-guides-wknd-events/ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/wknd-events/clientlibs/responsive-grid. This client library has a category of wknd-events.grid and includes a single file named grid.less which includes the necessary CSS for the Layout Mode and the responsive grid to work. Next we will make sure that this CSS is loaded with the React app."

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with React and AEM SPA Editor - Chapter 2

Moreover, it's a Layout Container Component:

Responsive Layout

You can use it the same way you can use/create the other components, the way AEM Text component is mapped to a React component.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with React and AEM SPA Editor - Chapter 1

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hope you have seen this -

Integrate Responsive Grid

AEM ships with an edit mode called Layout mode which when enabled allows authors to re-size components and containers to optimize content on different device widths. This feature is baked into the SPA Editing capabilities. The only action needed is to integrate AEM's Responsive Grid CSS into our project.

As part of the starter project a dedicated client library for the Responsive Grid has been included in the ui.apps project. You can view the client library at /aem-guides-wknd-events/ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/wknd-events/clientlibs/responsive-grid. This client library has a category of wknd-events.grid and includes a single file named grid.less which includes the necessary CSS for the Layout Mode and the responsive grid to work. Next we will make sure that this CSS is loaded with the React app

Level 1

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I don't want to resize components inside the responsive grid.

I really need one component and I want to be able to add new components inside this one. Is a different use case.

Level 2
Did you find the answer to your question? I'm trying investigating doing the same thing.

Level 1
I am also curious if you found an answer for this. I am too curious. We cobbled somethign together where the responsive layout does appear, but it does not update once components are added in.

Level 3
Did you get any solution for this? I am looking for the same. It was very easy is HTL but in React I dont see any documentation for that.

Correct answer by
Employee

You can use that component. It's clientlibs are defined under ui.apps:

"As part of the starter project a dedicated client library for the Responsive Grid has been included in the ui.apps project. You can view the client library at /aem-guides-wknd-events/ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/wknd-events/clientlibs/responsive-grid. This client library has a category of wknd-events.grid and includes a single file named grid.less which includes the necessary CSS for the Layout Mode and the responsive grid to work. Next we will make sure that this CSS is loaded with the React app."

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with React and AEM SPA Editor - Chapter 2

Moreover, it's a Layout Container Component:

Responsive Layout

You can use it the same way you can use/create the other components, the way AEM Text component is mapped to a React component.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with React and AEM SPA Editor - Chapter 1