Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM Sites Components dont appear in Author

Level 2

Hello,

I’m creating my new AEM site following the instructions of the link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/first_aem63_website.html

After finish the article, I’m trying to work in the author instance, but I cant see the components (list, image, content fragment, text etc...) (see the mage attached). What I must configure to see and use the components in my page?

Thanks.

Home.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Policy needs to be updated for that particular Template:

Steps:

1. click on Page Information( Mid option on the top left corner of the same page)

2. select Edit Template

3. on the template editor page click on the container layout box and select the policy icon.

4. From the left box's first drop down select one existing policy and save it.

5. else you can create a new one by writing name in the second box and select the component category from the right pan.

6. save and re-fresh the page

hope this will help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

You need to edit the Page Template Policies on the Layout Container to allow various Component Groups.

See : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/templates/page-temp...

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.07.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.07.45 AM.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Policy needs to be updated for that particular Template:

Steps:

1. click on Page Information( Mid option on the top left corner of the same page)

2. select Edit Template

3. on the template editor page click on the container layout box and select the policy icon.

4. From the left box's first drop down select one existing policy and save it.

5. else you can create a new one by writing name in the second box and select the component category from the right pan.

6. save and re-fresh the page

hope this will help.