Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

AEM Site Setup - No content and missing components

Level 2

I was following the documentation for the archetype setup. I get everything set from this link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/getting-started-wknd-tutorial-devel...

• I'm using AEM 6.5.7 as my install, not cloud
  • I'm using Archetype version: 47
  • The dummy content isn't present when editing the 'en' page. It's a blank page. When I inspect the network calls, it gives the error related to a resource not found, but that resource no longer exists. (Resource at '/content/we-retail/language-masters/hi/test-page-2-hindi/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/carousel/item_1702382531016.html' not found: No resource found), this language template doesn't exist anymore.
  • Check my code and components are there
    • in AEM 'edit' mode for the page, none of the components load to be put onto the page

Can someone explain what I might have missed, that the content and components aren't showing up when I log into my local and edit the site pages?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ShivikaSi -
You might be having the actual error printed in your error log, Can you share it here for better debugging? If you have setup your AEM instance for the first time, try restarting the instance once just to be sure that all the bundles and services have refreshed and are active. Let us know!

Level 2

Hi @Fanindra_Surat

I have tried restarting the AEM instance, creating a new instance as well, nothing worked.

Error in error log: http://localhost:4502/content/we-retail/language-masters/hi/test-page-2-hindi/jcr:content/root/respo... 404 (Not Found). No other error is found, and no content is loaded on the page.

But this language template doesn't exists, I have deleted the same, still it's reference is coming, I even created a new author instance, still the same error is coming.

Community Advisor

@ShivikaSi 

The following command is only a Sample Command. It won't get you WKND samples.

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate \
    -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem \
    -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype \
    -D archetypeVersion=39 \
    -D appTitle="WKND Sites Project" \
    -D appId="wknd" \
    -D groupId="com.adobe.aem.guides" \
    -D artifactId="aem-guides-wknd" \
    -D package="com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd" \
    -D version="0.0.1-SNAPSHOT" \
    -D aemVersion="cloud"

To get WKND samples, you would need to download package from WKND and install on local AEM

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka, but that should atleast show the static content instead of showing the blank page. It's even mentioned here

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/getting-started-wknd-tutorial-devel....

The page should load like the image attached. 

Community Advisor

@ShivikaSi 

Please check the error.log as well. What are the logs when you access a page?

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka 

In error.log, there are multiple errors found:

1.  GET /content/we-retail/ch.thumb.48.48.png HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.servlets.ThumbnailServlet Error while adding thumbnail.
javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: OakState0001: Unresolved conflicts in /conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/redirect-page/thumbnail.png/jcr:content/dam:thumbnails/dam:thumbnail_48.png/jcr:content

2. [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1702956305720] GET /content/we-retail/fr.thumb.48.48.png HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.servlets.ThumbnailServlet Error while adding thumbnail.
3. org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v3/page/page_html.java:

Line 46, column 1990 : com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Page cannot be resolved to a type
Line 47, column 2100 : com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.PWA cannot be resolved to a type
at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.service(DefaultSlingScript.java:510) 

4. [JobHandler: /var/workflow/instances/server0/2023-12-19/update_asset_2:/content/dam/wknd/asset.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.RenditionMakerImpl Error while generating renditions for asset /content/dam/wknd/asset.jpg
javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: OakState0001: Unresolved conflicts in /content/dam/wknd/asset.jpg

Additionally, sometimes, the package status is shown installed, when I expand, it shows the below errors, as shown in the attachment. Sometimes, the status is active.

Level 2

I faced a issue similar to error #3. Check for the core component version in your package manager. If AEM version and core components version is not compatible , you might get that issue. Refer to this link 

Administrator

@ShivikaSi Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni