Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM sightly Binding Issue.!

Level 4

Hi @All,

I am facing slightly AEM binding issue, I have some value for rating which is coming from somewhere that value I need to bind in below this html and the value will be example : 2.5 this value I need to bind in the html can anyone help me please.

And the Html is like this --->

<div class="rating" id="ratings">
<input type="radio" name="rating" value="5" id="5">
<label for="5">&#x2605;</label>
<input type="radio" name="rating" value="4" id="4">
<label for="4">&#x2605;</label>
<input type="radio" name="rating" value="3" id="3">
<label for="3">&#x2605;</label>
<input type="radio" name="rating" value="2" id="2">
<label for="2">&#x2605;</label>
<input type="radio" name="rating" value="1" id="1">
<label for="1">&#x2605;</label>
</div>

if i can bind means i would to get visible the CSS.

Here &#x2605; is some CSS configuration value.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @imadullakhan 

If you are looking for a reference, you can go through the below link which lets you select a 1.5,2.5 rating as well.

https://codepen.io/tonkin/pen/MWwWGGg

If you want to pass the selected value to the backend, you can write an ajax request while the user selects any rating. This logic needs to implemented in JS.

Regards,

Arpit

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @imadullakhan 

Can you specify in more detail from where the rating value is coming and what is you trying at your side that is giving an error? Also mention the final html output you desire.

Level 4

Hi @Nupur_Jain

Assume i have value like 3 How i can pass from above html. Then the UI it should get reflect that's ok. The main issue is how to pass those rating value in above html using slightly. This is my question. Below that i mentioned please help me here 

imadullak990702_0-1591188930553.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @imadullakhan 

If you are looking for a reference, you can go through the below link which lets you select a 1.5,2.5 rating as well.

https://codepen.io/tonkin/pen/MWwWGGg

If you want to pass the selected value to the backend, you can write an ajax request while the user selects any rating. This logic needs to implemented in JS.

Regards,

Arpit

Community Advisor

Are you sure this needs be done via sightly? The way I see it , I think its more of a Jquery task. If I understand your question correctly ; you are getting rating value form another URL. You get the value and replace it in your HTML !? If that is the case, you can use Jquery to replace the value to the corresponding div in your HTML.

Level 4
Can we do this thing from sightly. am getting the value from some API. Ok that rating value i need to bind in the HTML by using Sightly.