Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

AEM service is not getting started getting 503 error while accessing through browser.

Level 2

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Getting above error, I am not able to start the AEM service, tried multiple solution but not helpful.

Stdout.log

30.10.2023 10:06:47.238 *ERROR* [CM Configuration Updater (ManagedServiceFactory Update: factoryPid=[org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config])] org.apache.felix.configadmin Service [org.apache.felix.cm.ConfigurationAdmin,12, [org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationAdmin]] [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedServiceFactory, id=20, bundle=16/slinginstall:org.apache.sling.commons.log-5.1.0.jar]: Updating property org.apache.sling.commons.log.names of configuration org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config.d35982d6-c6aa-4afd-b96d-64b641ef0450 caused a problem: Category log.request already defined by configuration org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config.4cb65c4b-54a5-442e-b0ec-76a09a75696e (org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationException: org.apache.sling.commons.log.names : Category log.request already defined by configuration org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config.4cb65c4b-54a5-442e-b0ec-76a09a75696e)
org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationException: org.apache.sling.commons.log.names : Category log.request already defined by configuration org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config.4cb65c4b-54a5-442e-b0ec-76a09a75696e
at org.apache.sling.commons.log.logback.internal.config.LoggerManagedServiceFactory.updated(LoggerManagedServiceFactory.java:36)
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceFactoryTracker.updated(ManagedServiceFactoryTracker.java:159)
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceFactoryTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceFactoryTracker.java:93)
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceFactoryUpdate.provide(ConfigurationManager.java:1232)
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceFactoryUpdate.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1176)
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:138)
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.apache.sling.commons.log.logback.internal.config.ConfigurationException:
at org.apache.sling.commons.log.logback.internal.LogConfigManager.updateLoggerConfiguration(LogConfigManager.java:538)
at org.apache.sling.commons.log.logback.internal.config.LoggerManagedServiceFactory.updated(LoggerManagedServiceFactory.java:34)
... 7 common frames omitted
RAWProcessor succesfully installed

error.log

30.10.2023 10:25:04.141 *ERROR* [qtp252315353-62] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
30.10.2023 10:25:04.141 *ERROR* [qtp252315353-62] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport dependencies.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

This is a pretty common issue, caused due to the repo init config, please make sure you have set this properly to avoid this from happening again. Please refer to the below threads where there are a couple of things to try in order to fix it:
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/authenticationsupport-serv...

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/503-error-authenticationsu... 

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

Thank you for response..
I have tried some of the solution mentioned in the links but still facing same issue.
currently I don't have any backup and I am afraid of deleting index folder, I am not what will be the impact if I delete the index folder its around 500+gb right now.
If possible can you please suggest any another solution.  

Level 4

@Akash1247 - is this issue happening when you are starting your SDK ? What is your AEM flavour and version (On prem or AEMaaCS)

Thanks,

Level 2

@tnik  AEM is setup on-prem and currently version is 6.4.8.0 and it was working fine previously its happening while starting the aem service from /bin folder.

Level 4

@Akash1247 - if your changes are committed to the code , delete the crx-quickstart folder and try to start the new instance of AEM and see if it works