Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM screens registration issue because for local certificate

Level 4

we have used an internal self signed certificate to create an apache URL in front of AEM, we are trying to register using the dispatcher URL, it is giving the below ERROR in the screens player, registration tab.

Error during registration request: request to https://aem.sample.local/bin/screens/registration failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain

please help if we have to update any configurations in screens player not to check the certificate.

@smacdonald2008 @kautuk_sahni @Joseph_Rignanes @Jörg_Hoh @vanegi @Vijayalakshmi_S 

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Looks like the screens player isn't able to handle the self-signed certificate. You should look up the documentation of the player how this can be handled. Or you use a certificate signed by an authority the player already has certificates for.

Level 4
@Jörg_Hoh, Documentation says that self signed will not be supported as per design for security vulnerability, is there a way i can look in the list of the authorities already the player certifies for....

Employee Advisor
That depends heavily on the player itself. Unfortunately I am not an expert in these player softwares.

Level 4
The screens player will not work with self-signed certificates in production. This is a security limitation imposed by the browsing engine rather than AEM Screens itself. These are the comments from adobe support team, so i think we will not have an answer for this question