Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Scenarios and use cases

Level 1

Hi,I am practicing AEM with different use cases.

I am looking for some real-life use case scenarios. Since my project doesn't have much scope, I'm asking for help from the AEM community.

Can you please put in some use-case scenarios which you people implemented in projects on the topic of servlet services scheduler and workflows (Any other topics is also fine) so that I can try and develop those?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@Divakarkp The possibilities are endless but let me share some that you can try to get hands on with key AEM concepts.

1. Update OOTB DAM asset update workflow and add a process step that publishes the asset once asset processing is finished.

2. Create a Event Listener that listens to all Page activate events and based on that sends a notification to an author group or adds a cq:tag to the activated page.

3. Create a OSGI service to consume a REST service response and populate it in the AEM component.

4. Create a component that creates a list of tiles for all child pages for a given parent page.

Community Advisor

Adding more ...

Dynamic Content Generation: Use servlets to fetch data from external APIs or databases and render dynamic content on AEM pages. For example, a servlet can retrieve product information from an e-commerce platform and display it on product detail pages.
Scheduled Jobs for Maintenance Tasks: Implement schedulers to automate maintenance tasks such as delete expired content or update metadata.

Try SAML authentication on Author

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@Divakarkp Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni