Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

AEM SAML Login URL

Level 1

Hello,
I am working on SAML Implementation. It seems to be working fine when I hit any Authentication Required page.
It took to my IDP and after the back login was performed.

But as per the UI there is a login button. If I click on the login button I need to send it to IDP and after back to AEM it can be redirected to a default page.
How can I achieve this?

Note:
For logout, I found the URL /system/sling/logout.html?resource=/content/aem-demo
where based on resource parameters the exact SAML configuration is picked up. I am expecting something like this for login.

6 Replies

Level 1

Hello @SureshDhulipudi ,

Thanks for your reply. But from this thread and each link on the thread I didn't get my answer. (or I missed)
Can you make it easy for me if you already found the login link?

Level 9

Hi @SadyRifat 

If you are fine with redirecting to a default configured page i think configuring the Default Redirect on SAML 2.0 authentication handler will help . 

sherinregi_0-1709741156001.png

But if you want to land the user back to the page he started before login , you can think of keeping the targetURL in a cookie and on the saml post processor can redirect the user to the saved targetURL.

Hope this helps

Administrator

@SadyRifat Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi @kautuk_sahni Is there any URL that can be configured to invoke SAML Authentication ? On page load the SAML Authentication gets invoked, but how do we invoke on click of login ? Any pointers will help on this.

Level 2

Hi @SadyRifat How did /system/sling/logout.html work ? I tried same approach but it did not work for me ? Did you configure anything additionally ?