Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM SAML Integration-Idle session logout

Level 4

Hi,

We have SAML integration in place for our application(includes both public and secure pages) where AEM is Service Provider and Salesforce is Identity Provider.

We are trying to achieve idle session logout where if user does not interact with application for 5 minutes or so user must be logged out.

In order to achieve this we are following this article https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/How-to-set-token-session-expiration-AEM.html where in OSGi configuration org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authentication.token.TokenConfigurationImpl, property value is set Token Expiration to 600, but does not seem to work i.e. after idle time if user tries to access secure page(refresh secure page), he is not taken to login screen or SAML Authentical Handler is not invoked.

Could you please let me know if the above approach is applicable for SAML authentication too? Or are there any alternate approaches?

Note: Idle session logout configuration is in place at Salesforce end

Thanks,

Srikanth Pogula.

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Have you configured SAML handler to handle the logout?

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 10.22.52 AM.png

Level 4

Hi jbrar,

Yes, we are handling Logout via SAML Handler i.e. Handle Logout is checked and Logout URL is the URL given by IDP.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Pogula.

Level 4

Hi WASIL,

As mentioned in the original post, we have followed the same helpx article but does not seem to work. Even after Token Expiration time, if user tries to access secure page, user is not taken to Identity Provider's authentication screen.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Pogula.

Employee

Is your SAML set up as Idp initiated or SP initiated?

If it's SP initiated then that Oak login token approach won't work since the session is never invalidated with the Idp.

The Idp will log you right back in.

Community Advisor

@aemmarc If it is SP initiated , how can we logout the user from SP ?

Level 4

Hi march16806759,

Our SAML set up is SP initiated.

Is there anyway we can handle idle session logout in this case?

Thanks,

Srikanth Pogula.

Level 1

hi @srikanthp689160 ,

What was the resolution to this?

We have a similar requirement.

SAML is set up to handle logout.
The Login is SP initiated.

We need to logout the user from IDP when AEM session is expired.Is there is way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Nikita Goyal

Level 4

@nikitagoyal , we were not able to achieve this, right now we still have IDP session timeout only in place.

Please let me know if you find a solution for this.