Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM's Targeting engine.

Level 1

The below text comes from AEM 6.1 docs.

AEM provides a built-in targeting engine that processes page requests and determines the content to display. When using the AEM targeting engine, you are limited to using segments that are created in AEM for defining the audiences of your experiences. 

I'm new to AEM and Adobe Target and would like to know the best way to implement page personalization based on the value of a URL parameter

Change...

-  the hero banner

- the displayed phone #

- the value of a hidden field submitted with a user's lead info

Additionally, the user needs to be cookied in to the experience so a subsequent visit shows the same personalization.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I would recommend you to integrate AEM with Adobe Target Via DTM.

All the above asked things can easily be achieved by it.

Here is the Helpx article showing AEM-Target Integration via DTM  :- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/integrate-digital-marketing-solutions.html

For personalization you should use experience targeting/AP.

Many AEM-target integration articles would be published by end of this month.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

I would recommend you to integrate AEM with Adobe Target Via DTM.

All the above asked things can easily be achieved by it.

Here is the Helpx article showing AEM-Target Integration via DTM  :- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/integrate-digital-marketing-solutions.html

For personalization you should use experience targeting/AP.

Many AEM-target integration articles would be published by end of this month.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Thanks...

re For personalization you should use experience targeting/AP.

does experience targeting refer to experience targeting functionality in AEM or Adobe Target Premium?

what does AP stand for?

where can we find the AEM / Target integration articles once they are published?

Level 1

I read the article "Integrating Adobe Experience Manager with Adobe Analytics and Target using DTM" which was based on AEM 6.2... Can AEM 6.1 be integrated too or do you need to have 6.2?

Administrator

Both can be integrated.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni