Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM Runnable Network Request is taking a long time and how to debug Runnable

Level 6

In our AEM we have a service call that takes a long while, around 2 minutes to have a response. Once we get the response, we will be building nodes in AEM as a caching mechanism. 

My question is, will the slow 2 minutes to have a response impact my AEM authors performance? Will my authors suffer from delay?

Next question is, how can we debug the runnable, so we can step through the run method? https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/scheduler-service-commons-scheduler.html

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

so do I read your question correct, that you want to know if a slow request (taking 2 minutes) will impact the performance of the system for other requests?

That mostly depends on the actions this request does that during these 2minutes. If you create a lot of content, it will probably have an impact, because many of these write operations are probably triggering other actions (JCR observation, workflows, ...). But if it just sits silently waiting for a backend call to complete, you probably won't have any impact.

have you tried it already?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

so do I read your question correct, that you want to know if a slow request (taking 2 minutes) will impact the performance of the system for other requests?

That mostly depends on the actions this request does that during these 2minutes. If you create a lot of content, it will probably have an impact, because many of these write operations are probably triggering other actions (JCR observation, workflows, ...). But if it just sits silently waiting for a backend call to complete, you probably won't have any impact.

have you tried it already?