Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM releases roadmap - what will happen after AEM 6.5? | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM releases roadmap - what will happen after AEM 6.5? by Krzysztof Ryk

Abstract

In today's short article, I decided to take a closer look at the AEM releases roadmap and end-of-life matrix to see what vision Adobe has for the future product upgrades.

First of all, Adobe launched AEM as a Cloud Service which became an additional product stream (next to on-prem version) in their portfolio and got a dedicated upgrade cycle.

So, at the moment, we do have three “streams” of AEM (as a product) that Adobe supports:
1. AEM 6.4 (on-prem = not as a Cloud Service)
2. AEM 6.5 (on-prem = not as a Cloud Service)
3. AEM as a Cloud Service
Let’s take a closer look at these.

AEM 6.5
Compared to 6.4, the situation is a little bit more atypical when it comes to 6.5. Normally, we would expect that Adobe will support it till Aug 2022 (as it was released in 2019), but according to the Products and technical support periods, there is no end date of core (and extended) support period. What happens instead?

“Service packs for AEM 6.5 will continue to be released quarterly. AEM 6.5 is the foundation for the continuous release approach. The most recent six service packs on AEM 6.5 will be supported.”

AEM as a Cloud Service
AEM as a Cloud Service is a completely different story. Monthly releases bring new features and more significant changes to the product, whilst critical updates might be available every single day. Since the upgrade process is managed directly in Cloud manager - you may consider looking at my previous article.

Read Full Blog

AEM releases roadmap - what will happen after AEM 6.5?

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies