Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Quickstart Jar file Not Working

Level 2

I downloaded the quickstart jar file (link provided by Adobe support team) but it's only showing loading

AEM-p.png

I also changed the port number from the default 6502, but its not working.

Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I guess this is AEM 6.1 build.

Can you please share your system details and JDK/JRE in use?

I would recommend you to have JRE 1.7 and please read Technical Requirements - docs.adobe.com

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 4

You can check the error logs in \crx-quickstart\logs\error.log and see the error messages and warnings.

Level 10

I am assuming that you are starting this particular AEM jar the first time, If that's the case, it will take time to extract all the files in crx-quickstart (around 2 GB)

From next time onwards it will take less time.

Thanks

Level 2

No such file is there, only stderr and stdout is present

Level 2

Yes, I'm running for the first time and even waited for an hour but no progress

Level 10

Hi,

What's your RAM size in your computer. It also depends on RAM.

If you not able to start via clicking the JAR, try to start the JAR using command prompt in this way: java -jar cq-author-p4502.jar

~Ratna.

Former Community Member

What type of os you are using for Adobe Experience Manager. The error may be because of the OS.

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Administrator

I guess this is AEM 6.1 build.

Can you please share your system details and JDK/JRE in use?

I would recommend you to have JRE 1.7 and please read Technical Requirements - docs.adobe.com

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi, System ram is 24 GB, previously i ran 6.3 instance and it worked but now I'm running 6.1 instance.

Level 2

ram.png

Java version is 9, let me check for 1.7 version

Administrator

Try Downgrade JDK to 1.7 (do not keep 2 version of JDKs), do it in the new directory and then check.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi , I am facing the same issue now, how to resolve it..?

Level 3

Hello,
I have a jar file of AEM 6.5. I created the two instances (author and publish) but when I start the jar file the crx quickstart folder is created, with the "logs" folder inside, and an empty "upgrade" notepad file.

It should be noted that before doing this I installed Maven on my pc.

Can anyone help me? I can't start AEM from my pc.