Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Publish Instance

Level 3

Hi Team,

The name of AEM Jar file I have is “aem6-author-4502”

I moved Jar file along with license.properties and crx-quickstart folder into a new folder as “AEM Publish” and renamed the Jar file to “aem6-publish-4503” . I have also deleted the earlier author file

When I clicked on “aem6-publish-4503”. It is getting started on port 4502. PFB screenshot

In the sling settings, it is picking Sling home and Sling URL from new folder i.e. “AEM Publish”. However in the run mode it is showing author,

Kindly suggest what can be reason for this? Where I am doing it wrong? I want to run AEM in publish mode

AEM S.png

AEM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It does not follow the name pattern, you can change file name to cq-publish-p4503.jar and delete crx-quickstart folder

then start again

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please check this Run Modes and https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/RunModeSetUp.html

to see how file should be named to detect run mode and do not copy crx-quickstart folder along with jar , it will be created once installation get started.

The naming convention to use for CQ 5.6 and earlier is:

cq-<optional-version-or-identifier>-<standard-run-mode>-<port-number>

The naming convention to for AEM 5.6.1 and later is:

aem-<optional-version-or-indentifier>-<standard-run-mode>-<port-number>

As an example, the quickstart jar for an AEM 6.0 instance running as an author instance with the port of 4502 could be named:

aem-6.0.0.20140515-author-4502.jar

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Level 10

It does not follow the name pattern, you can change file name to cq-publish-p4503.jar and delete crx-quickstart folder

then start again

Employee

You are missing the letter 'p' before the port number. You should rename it as "aem6-publish-p4503.jar"

Level 6

Adding the extension .jar on renaming makes it open at default/available port and run mode. No extensions need to be added.