Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Project Git Setup

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have created AEM Maven Project, I want to know how we can set GIT Projecr for AEM.

Which folders we need to commit in GIT and how to share commits with other team members

Thanks,

Heena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Heena91!

Not sure if you already did, but apart from the valuable responses from @Asutosh_Jena_ and @Prince_Shivhare you may also want to have a look at the AEM Maven Archetype. It generates all the required project structure for a typical AEM project.

When it comes to SCM (e. g. GIT), you need to add the whole project folder to your GIT repository. In order to collaborate with your team members, you will need some kind of remote repository where all your work comes together (e. g. GitHub, BitBucket or something similar; there probably already is something similar within your organization).

If you are a customer of Adobe Managed Services (AMS) or AEM as a Cloud Service (AEMaCS), you may also refer to Adobes Cloud Manager that comes with a remote GIT repository. However, that GIT repository is commonly setup to be a mirror of another GIT repository at the customer side and may not be feasible as your central GIT remote server.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Heena91 

Please follow the below steps:

1. Create a new project in git.
  2. Clone your project in a separate folder in file system.
  3. Navigate to your repository in your file system i.e. the folder.
  4. copy the maven project that you have created into the folder i.e. all the contents inside the maven projects.
  5. now add all the files into the git stage using the command "git add ."
  6. now use this command -> git commit -m "Initial Commit"
  7. now use "git push"
  8. your changes will be available in github repository and the same URL can be shared with inidividual developers.
  9. All the developers should have access to the repo that you have created to make them work.

Please see the video link here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUXfPDFd7nM

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @Heena91 ,

Can you please confirm if you are using the AEM cloud.

If yes, then you will have to ask the Adobe team to set up on cloud level.

once it is done, you can upload the same project in your client repo. and accordingly, sync the repository between cloud and Client repo.

If not cloud, then simply follow the step provided by the @Asutosh_Jena_ .

Thanks,

Prince

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Heena91!

Not sure if you already did, but apart from the valuable responses from @Asutosh_Jena_ and @Prince_Shivhare you may also want to have a look at the AEM Maven Archetype. It generates all the required project structure for a typical AEM project.

When it comes to SCM (e. g. GIT), you need to add the whole project folder to your GIT repository. In order to collaborate with your team members, you will need some kind of remote repository where all your work comes together (e. g. GitHub, BitBucket or something similar; there probably already is something similar within your organization).

If you are a customer of Adobe Managed Services (AMS) or AEM as a Cloud Service (AEMaCS), you may also refer to Adobes Cloud Manager that comes with a remote GIT repository. However, that GIT repository is commonly setup to be a mirror of another GIT repository at the customer side and may not be feasible as your central GIT remote server.

Hope that helps!