Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM PROD Statistics

Level 4

Hi All,

Can someone provide me officials standard of request response statistics such as how many requests can AEM pub can handle in a day, how to configure it properly for prod?

Thanks for support in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

there are no official numbers on this, because it depends on too many factors to make a sound and reliable statement. On the one hand side the hardware has an effect (as Scott already mentioned), on the other hand it heavily depends on the application itself. AEM just offers the framework, and top you run your own templates, components and business logic. And it is definitely not possible to give a statement about a totally unknown application. On top you have to estimate the effect of the dispatcher cache.

The only way to get numbers is to benchmark your own application in an early state and redo that benchmark periodically. That's not easy and requires additional work, but I don't know any other way to do a reliable estimation.

Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

There is a lot of variables here and i do not think there is a document that states the traffic an AEM server can handle due to these variables. For example - a Server with higher CPU and memory will be able to handle more traffic then a machine with less CPU and RAM. Here is the AEM Docs on Deploying and Maintaining AEM -- Deploying and Maintaining

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

there are no official numbers on this, because it depends on too many factors to make a sound and reliable statement. On the one hand side the hardware has an effect (as Scott already mentioned), on the other hand it heavily depends on the application itself. AEM just offers the framework, and top you run your own templates, components and business logic. And it is definitely not possible to give a statement about a totally unknown application. On top you have to estimate the effect of the dispatcher cache.

The only way to get numbers is to benchmark your own application in an early state and redo that benchmark periodically. That's not easy and requires additional work, but I don't know any other way to do a reliable estimation.

Jörg