Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM Permissions

Level 2

Hi

I am currently experiencing a permissions issue under commerce, where I as an admin role can edit the proiperties of products, but users with non admin permissions can not.

<HOSTNAME>/libs/commerce/gui/content/products.html/var/commerce/products/<PRODUCTS-LIST>

I appreciate that there is a missing permission somewhere, but I cannot find it.

Could someone advise please, if there is a structured way to debug missing / incorrect  permissions  rather than just trial an d error.

Many thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@neilwebbcbs,

You will need to investigate your user group under http://localhost:4502/useradmin to see which permissions are not enabled to the group members for content within AEM.

Level 2

Hi, As Brian suggested, you can look into permissions of the users if they do have access to the properties node. You can also confirm my impersonating user and verifying if they do not have access to that path. 

Level 2

Hi.

Thank you for your feedback.

Apologies, If I can be a little more specific...
On the menu bar within the commerce section, when a product is selected, a properties button is visible when using an admin account, however, this is not displayed for a regular user. I would like to make this button visible for the regular user.

Capture.JPG
Is there a separate set of permissions which control menu buttons?

Community Advisor

@neilwebbcbs,

Typically when you see a missing UI in the console, such as properties, create, delete, etc... the user might not have read or write permissions for the specific path. I suggest you create a new user group, and test and figure out what permission is missing for your group user (with the problem).