Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM Operations Dashboard - New Console

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to display error messages somewhere in AEM Dashboards, something similar to “Log Messages” Diagnosis tool under Tools-->Diagnosis-->Log Messages. The OOTB one has some limitations. For instance, by default it displays ALL error messages and I believe there is no way to reduce that to a certain package. And it also displays last 50 entries. Ideally, it’d be useful to show more and have some scrolling and may be pagination. So I have a response on a back end from a 3rd party system and I need a way to show that erroneous response message in AEM Dashboard. Right now it’s being logged to a file. Is there something that can be done instead of logging it, or should I keep logging it and then have some sort of Health Check or Maintenance Task that would go through the log? In latter case the overhead might be a concern.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Dmitry,

Yes, you can use same approach that is view logs in Apache Felix console:

sling-org-apache-sling-commons-log-webconsole/LogWebConsolePlugin.java at master · apache/sling-org-...  where it allows you to tail specific file.

Technically your ask is for "software for searching, monitoring, and analyzing machine-generated big data"[0][1]

Building such tool in AEM would not be quite a simple task, once you start thinking about amount of logs and historic searches as well as deep dives.

Please consider using:

[0] Splunk. SIEM, AIOps, Application Management, Log Management, Machine Learning, and Compliance | Splunk

[1] Logstash or similar tech Logstash: Collect, Parse, Transform Logs | Elastic

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Dmitry,

Yes, you can use same approach that is view logs in Apache Felix console:

sling-org-apache-sling-commons-log-webconsole/LogWebConsolePlugin.java at master · apache/sling-org-...  where it allows you to tail specific file.

Technically your ask is for "software for searching, monitoring, and analyzing machine-generated big data"[0][1]

Building such tool in AEM would not be quite a simple task, once you start thinking about amount of logs and historic searches as well as deep dives.

Please consider using:

[0] Splunk. SIEM, AIOps, Application Management, Log Management, Machine Learning, and Compliance | Splunk

[1] Logstash or similar tech Logstash: Collect, Parse, Transform Logs | Elastic

Regards,

Peter

Administrator

Great Answer!!

Kautuk Sahni