Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM On Premise to AWS Migration

Level 10

Hi, What considerations to be taken for AEM On Premise to AWS Migration? One obvious one is that the infrastructure and software set up and maintenance shifts from us/client to Amazon. It includes the security aspects also, but some will remain with us. Appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

From a pure AEM point of view there's nothing special you need to care about. You are copying it from one virtual machine (or phyiscal instance) to another virtual machine. The only thing you probably need to make sure is the permissions on the filesystem and the path to the Java exectuable. But that's all.

but of course there are many other factors you need to consider when switching environments:

* Network configuration

* Security

* Choosing the right type of virtual machine

* etc.

But that depends a lot on your specific requirement and it's hard to make recommendations, we can only try to come up with a list of things you need to check.

Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kautuk, Thanks for your quick response. When we use AEM on cloud (AWS), does it use "Cloud Manager"? I am a bit confused about the word "Cloud Manager". When we use other AMC products like Adobe Analytics, is it still called "Cloud Manager"? Thanks, Rama.

Employee Advisor

When talking about "AWS", there are 2 options, which are sometimes mixed up:

* You switch to AMS (Adobe Managed Services), which can host your AEM instances either on AWS or on Azure.

* You move to AWS (Amazon Webservices) and operate your AEM instances there; no Adobe involved.

Cloud Manager is a offering only available for AMS customers. It's not available to customers hosting AEM on their own in AWS.

Jörg

Level 10

Thanks a lot for your helpful clarification Jorg. I am not on AMS. What all shall I consider while migrating the On premise AEM to AWS/Azure? Appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

From a pure AEM point of view there's nothing special you need to care about. You are copying it from one virtual machine (or phyiscal instance) to another virtual machine. The only thing you probably need to make sure is the permissions on the filesystem and the path to the Java exectuable. But that's all.

but of course there are many other factors you need to consider when switching environments:

* Network configuration

* Security

* Choosing the right type of virtual machine

* etc.

But that depends a lot on your specific requirement and it's hard to make recommendations, we can only try to come up with a list of things you need to check.

Jörg