Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM micro-optimization (part 4) – define allowed templates | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM micro-optimization (part 4) – define allowed templates by Jörg Hoh

Abstract

This time I want to discuss a different type of micro-optimization. It’s not something you as a developer can implement in your code, but it’s rather a question of the application design, which has some surprising impact. I came across it when I recently investigated poor performance in the Siteadmin navigation. And although I did this investigation in AEM as a Cloud Service, the logic on AEM 6.5 behaves the same way.

When you click in the siteadmin navigation through your pages, AEM collects a lot of information about pages and folders to display them in the proper context. For example, when you click on page with child pages, it collects information what actions should be displayed if a specific child node is going to be selected (copy, paste, publish, …)

An important information is if the “Create page” action should be made available. And that’s the thing I want to outline in this article.

Assuming that you have the required write permissions on that folder, the most important is if templates are allowed to be created as children of the current page. The logic is described in the documentation and is quite complex.

Read Full Blog

AEM micro-optimization (part 4) – define allowed templates

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies