Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Launch does not get deleted if underlying source page is deleted first

Level 2

We are observing an issue wherein when the page from which a launch was created if deleted, then the launch does not get deleted.

Steps to replicate:
1. Create a launch from the page
2. Delete the source page from which the launch was created.
3. Goto launch console and try to delete the launch which you had created from the source page.
You will observe the launch does not get deleted.

For now, we are using the crx/de console to delete the launch, but we believe this is a product bug can anyone confirm?
Ideally the launch should get deleted from touch UI as well even though the source page is deleted or when the source page is deleted the launch should get deleted automatically.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

We have received an update from Adobe that this is a valid issue and will be addressed in the upcoming releases.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @suratwaa1 

Creating and editing launches requires access rights to /content/launches - as with the default group content-authors.
Check if you have access to it or not?

Level 2

Hi @TarunKumar , Yes I do have the access infact I have admin access and I am able to create, delete and edit launches normally. The situation I mentioned where a launch is not getting deleted is only when the page from which the launch is created is deleted first and then we attempt to delete the launch.

Community Advisor

@suratwaa1 can you please help us with your AEM version number? And any errors in logs while do this activity?

Level 2

Hi @Shashi_Mulugu  AEM Version is 6.5, SP 11. 
We are not seeing any errors while doing the launch deletion.

Correct answer by
Level 2

We have received an update from Adobe that this is a valid issue and will be addressed in the upcoming releases.