Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Inbox

Community Advisor

How to capture workflow comment in AEM inbox. I can add custom column in AEM inbox but how to capture the exact column and value in the AEM inbox.

AsifChowdhury_0-1704369035742.png

AsifChowdhury_1-1704369142476.png

By default the comments is under each work item

AsifChowdhury_0-1704369291786.png

But I need to show it in the inbox

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Correct approach to achieve this requirement, while adding a custom column, we need to query the workflow instance location where the comments are stored. Then we can add the value to the additional column. Here is the code snippet:

Resource resource = resourceResolver.getResource(resourcePath);
if(resource != null) {
    Resource metadata = resource.getChild("metaData");
    if(metadata != null) {
        ValueMap valueMap = metadata.getValueMap();
        if(valueMap.containsKey("comment")){
            workflowMetadata.put("comment", valueMap.get("comment", String.class));
        }
    }
}

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ChitraMadan , I have seen this article already. This is only allows to grab those fields which are available in the workflow metadata. But what I am asking that is not available in the workflow metaDataMap. So this will not work.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Correct approach to achieve this requirement, while adding a custom column, we need to query the workflow instance location where the comments are stored. Then we can add the value to the additional column. Here is the code snippet:

Resource resource = resourceResolver.getResource(resourcePath);
if(resource != null) {
    Resource metadata = resource.getChild("metaData");
    if(metadata != null) {
        ValueMap valueMap = metadata.getValueMap();
        if(valueMap.containsKey("comment")){
            workflowMetadata.put("comment", valueMap.get("comment", String.class));
        }
    }
}