I want to learn AEM WCS Integration.
Went through the link http://bit.ly/1QtbyHO and got some good details.
The audio in some places in this video is cluttered.
I still have some queries in the integration. Ex: By installing those two packages, are we installing WCS? Dont think so, because WCS needs license.
Kindly suggest whether I could post my queries in this forum.
Also, please send me any other videos on this subject.
Thank you for your question. These packages do not include a WebSphere server (only the integration and the demo store). After installing the packages, you need to follow these instructions to connect your AEM instance with WebSphere.
I hope this will help you.
Hi Martin and all,
Appreciate you video. It is very informative indeed.
It is your video, that made me to start thinking and visualizing about this integration end to end.
Kindly address the following queries from me.
1. If the packages are not WCS, what do these packages contain? How could it act like a WCS?
Is it a scaled down version of WCS? Is it a WCS simulator?
2. I see that a similar packages are there for Hybris integration also. Are these two similar?
3. Although you are not concerned, how different is Hybris integration from that of WCS?
4. Is a Payment Gateway a part of WCS? or it integrates with an external one like Billdesk?
Even it has to integrate, as AEM professionals, probably it will not be in our scope.
5. For AEM to interact WCS, they should look like (by virtue of redirect rules on IHS) or actually be
residing on the same domain for any AJax call to happen between them, else cross-site scripting error
will occur because of security constraints. Pl comment.
6. If we want to connect with Hybris, what changes are required from this approach?
7. What do we mean by API Mapping? Ref P#5 of 150909_AEM Gems IBM Websphere Commerce Integration.pdf.
8. For this demo, On WCS side, no customization/configurations are required, except to create Catalog?
9. What is the difference between Product Data and Catalog?
When we import products will it import catalog also?
10. For this demo, what is the clear delineation of what data is stored in WCS/AEM and UI?
What data is stored in AEM and what in WCS?
Similarly, what UI is used from AEM and what from WCS in this demo?
11. When we take a look at shopping cart in AEM, the demo says that this UI is stored in WCS.
How could UI stored in WCS comes in to AEM?
12. Samething is truue for Preview on the top nav in AEM.
13. After checkout, info is passed from AEM to WCS, WCS stores all this info and sends Order Number to
14. How are images created and managed? Does AEM import images from wcs and store in dam during
15. Thus it helps to know end to end flow for each functionality.
For example, if I want to estimate efforts, I need to know the flow and the screens to be
built. Based on that info, I will be able to determine number of AEM templates and components, etc.
16. If we need to customize some screens in AEM, could we start with Geometrix package and customize
17. All the five interfaces are specific to WCS? Then where is ECommerce Framework?
Again it helps to understand the delineation between what eCommerce Framework offers and what we need
to do on top of that to integrate with any specific eCommerce engine like WCS or Hybris.
18. Checkout was not demonstrated completely correct? Payment options etc were not shown.
19. You were mentioning about workflow in your demo, but did not cover it. What kind of wf is it?
Please offer a few details about it.
Apologies for this many number of queries, but they will make your demo complete in many respects.
I do agree that this many number of queries make it difficult to address.
But my appeal is that this activity will definitely enlighten your audience of this subject.
I once again appreciate highly all your efforts to take this knowledge to the interested.
Thank you for your questions. The following documentation will answer your questions:
These URLs are technically very deep. They present scattered information of this subject and therefore, there is no continuity.
A reader like me will not be able to understand the flow end to end.
I am a solution architect and therefore, I can not go that deep.
Also, most of my questions are not answered in these URLs. Ex: No-1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18 and 19. Ex: I could not find any workflow you were referring in your video in these URLs.
The last and forth URL (https://docs.adobe.com/content/ddc/en/gems.html) is the recording that I went through to get myself grounded and then raised these queries post that only.
So, in this context, could you please answer my questions or set up a call with me for 20 minutes to explain?
I need to submit my estimations tomorrow and so I would highly appreciate a quick call with you urgently.
Appreciate all your support.