Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM: How to use nested Multifields in your components (using a Sling model vs pure HTL) | AEM Community Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM: How to use nested Multifields in your components (using a Sling model vs pure HTL) by Theo Pendle

Abstract

How to extract the values from a TouchUI nested Multifield using HTL or a model, and a comparison of both solutions

Adobe has a helpful tutorial on using a Multifield in a component. This tutorial is good to get the basics but it has two flaws. Firstly, it does not cover nested Multifields and secondly it is actually a bit wrong as it uses a hybrid HTL/Sling Model solution.
In this article, I will show you two ways of using the data from a nested Multifield in your component:
1. Using a java Sling Model
2. Using pure HTL (no model at all)

Creating the edit dialog
Whichever solution you wish to use, you will need a basic component with nested Multifield cq:dialog. So let’s create that now.
I will create my component under /apps/demo/components/content/demo. For now let’s just give it a very simple demo.html file:

Demo

Read Full Blog

AEM: How to use nested Multifields in your components (using a Sling model vs pure HTL)

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 1

You have to pay for this blog.

Administrator

There is a weekly restriction by the Medium platform where one can have a look at the limited number of free articles to read. I would you to open this blog in a new browser or wait for the cooling down period. Something that is the policy of the Medium platform that the Author is using.

Kautuk Sahni