Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Grid 24 columns

Level 4

I am trying to modify the aem grid to use 24 columns instead of 12. As soon as i change below value to 24 and open a new page in edit mode, my AEM instance crashes and I get java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded issue.

Is there a limit on the number of columns we can have in AEM grid? Can it be 24? If not can we have gutters or spaces between columns?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Crank up the allocated Xmx -- I'm assuming you're doing this on your local machine? I've seen the same behavior trying to use 48 columns.

The grid.less file is grinding away trying to compile when the client library rebuilds.

I've found throwing at least 8gb at the java process helps, but if you start AEM from the quickstart.jar in a local dev environment it will likely bonk on GC overhead.

Side note to changing the columns -- make sure you also change the number of columns in the Policy.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Crank up the allocated Xmx -- I'm assuming you're doing this on your local machine? I've seen the same behavior trying to use 48 columns.

The grid.less file is grinding away trying to compile when the client library rebuilds.

I've found throwing at least 8gb at the java process helps, but if you start AEM from the quickstart.jar in a local dev environment it will likely bonk on GC overhead.

Side note to changing the columns -- make sure you also change the number of columns in the Policy.