Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Forms with Adobe I/O Runtime | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM Forms with Adobe I/O Runtime by Pankaj Singh

Abstract

We often come across use cases around pre-filling and the submission of data using AEM Forms from/to external databases (DBs). Out of many possible solutions possible to address such use-cases, one solid contender is a modular services based approach using AEM Forms in conjunction with Adobe I/O Runtime.

Adobe I/O Runtime is a serverless architecture with the benefits of flexibility, scalability, reduced operating cost, etc. Modular services deployed on Adobe I/O Runtime communicates with an external DB and processes the data retrieved from DB thereafter.
Meanwhile, AEM Forms contains powerful authoring capabilities. It has an intuitive UI that saves time in designing and publishing the form by reducing custom development effort.

To use this solution, you’ll need:
1. Adobe Experience Manager Forms
2. Adobe IO Runtime
3. Any RDBMS (e.g. MySQL)

Steps to implmenting the solution
We can follow a step-by-step approach to connect each solution with the others.
1. Deploy Service at Adobe Runtime I/O (Creation of a service that will connect with MySql database and will be exposed as REST).
2. Create a form with AEM (Author a form with AEM Forms that can use some rules for prefilling the form on load, which will be submitted using Adobe I/O Runtime).
3. Set up a DB hosted externally.

Read Full Blog

AEM Forms with Adobe I/O Runtime

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies