Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Forms 6.4- unable to Boostrap SQL Server 2016 Named Instance

Level 1

Hello,

I am running into an error when I try to bootstrap AEM 6.4 Forms to a Server 2016 MS SQL Database. The database is defined with a Named Instance not the default one. 

//SQL_SERVERNAME.NET\InstanceName

This is my JDBC connection String in the standalone-full.xml file for each of the Data Sources

{AEM_DS}

{IDP_DS}

{EDC_DS}

{DEFAULT_DS}

<connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://SQL_SERVERNAME.NET\IMRS;DatabaseName=AEM_DEV</connection-url>

Thru the JBoss Management console I can successfully test the connection to each DS

When I pass the same information into the AEM Configure Manager screen the Test Connection fails stating Windows Authentication is enabled.

I can confirm that the database is in Mixed Mode

forms.png

From the LCM log

[2019-10-08 11:07:44,979], INFO, Thread-14, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureAS.TestDatabaseConnectionTask, INFO: getting JDBC connection

URL:jdbc:sqlserver://;serverName=SDEVBTVDB2520.TST.DCE-EIR.NET/IMRS;portNumber=1433;databaseName=AEM...

I Notice that its adds a semicolon to the URL, its flips the back slash to a forward slash and tacks on the port number.

URL:jdbc:sqlserver://;serverName=SQL_SERVERNAME.NET/IMRS;portNumber=1433;databaseName=AEM_DEV

If I use this JDBC string that AEM built (omitting the semicolon) in my standalone-full.xml I cannot successfully test the connection thru the JBoss console.

Capture2.JPG

Please Help

0 Replies