Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Feature - Author Preview Servlet | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM Feature - Author Preview Servlet by Perficient

Abstract

Why is this needed?
It may just be me, but I’ve found it incredibly common for clients to request an unauthenticated URL to view in-progress pages within an AEM Author instance. The ask makes a lot of sense, as often those who approve content will often just want to give a cursory glance, and not need extensive time within the AEM Author system or a dedicated login/account. Instead, it’d be great to have a way to preview content prior to go-live, potentially via an offline or email based approval process. Today, that is not available out of the box with AEM, and people wanting to have this behavior have either a dedicated “Preview” Publish instance, or alternatively, have to bite the bullet and forced all their approvers to log in prior to seeing any content.

A new challenger approaches
Enter the Preview Servlet. This custom servlet bypasses authentication and allows a page to render directly on the active author instance. How, you ask? A little trick within the Sling Servlet specification to remove authentication on the servlet request, coupled with a separate apache VHost configuration used to force all traffic requested to go through our preview servlet. (Ideally, this is done via a separate, specific sub-domain)

Now, let’s break down how this servlet works.

Read Full Blog

AEM Feature - Author Preview Servlet

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies