Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM: Extend Core Component models using resource type association and delegation | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM: Extend Core Component models using resource type association and delegation by Theo Pendle

Abstract

How to use the original rendition of an Image asset without having to create a component from scratch

AEM Core Components are an amazingly useful resource, and with their inclusion in the AEM Maven Archetype and in the WKND tutorial, they have become ubiquitous in AEM Sites development. If you aren’t using them already I highly recommend that you do.

Whenever I decide to create a new component, I use the Core Components as a point of reference to see if they offer a solution for my requirement. The answer is:

1. Sometimes no, so I create my component from scratch.
2. Sometimes yes, so I simply proxy the component from Core Components to my project.
3. Often… kinda. Core Components don’t have all the answers (which is a good thing or I wouldn’t have a job!), but they are a good base on which to build.

Read Full Blog

AEM: Extend Core Component models using resource type association and delegation

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies