Highlighted

AEM eCommerce Connector

AEM_Forum

01-03-2018

Hi all,

Please let me know the steps required to carry out AEM integration with any eCommerce Engine using the  AEM eCommerce Connector.

I am assuming that the Connector does some tasks on its own, rather than the developer doing everything from scratch.

I raised a similar query early, but did not see any traction.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

Replies

Highlighted

AEM_Forum

01-03-2018

Hi Ratna Kumar,

The URL you offered discusses the activities to prepare an eCommerce provider.

My query is on the AEM side. What activities we should under take on AEM side so that we use the eCommerce Connector to connect with any eCommerce engine.

Unfortunately, I cant see even an architecture diagram depicting AEM, Connector and eCommerce Engine.

Thanks,

Rama.

Highlighted

AEM_Forum

02-03-2018

Hi Scott,

The HELPX article you offered also discusses the activities to prepare an eCommerce provider.

I am back to Square One now.

Thanks,

Rama.

Highlighted

AEM_Forum

02-03-2018

Hi Scott,

Please read  "Ask the AEM Community Experts Webinar Session" in place of "HELPX article" in my above post.

Thanks,

Rama.

Highlighted

mhaack

Employee

02-03-2018

Hi Rama,

an architecture overview of the AEM commerce framework can be found in our documentation.

Which tasks required on the AEM side depends mainly on the commerce engine you are trying to integrate with AEM. There are connectors for many commerce solutions which implement the AEM commerce integration framework. If you plan to integrate the home grown commerce system then I recommend to check out eCommerce Integration Framework which gives some starter.

Markus

Highlighted

AEM_Forum

03-03-2018

Hi Markus,

Thanks. I am able to see the Architecture now.

Even the CQ Gems session, you pointed me to, addresses the creation of a custom eCommerce Provider only.

Now I request someone to arrange an Adobe Connect Session ASAP and enlighten me.

Otherwise I face the risk of being incapacitated on this subject..

Thanks,

Rama.

Highlighted

navinkaushal

04-03-2018

Hi Rama,

Which is the e-Commerce solution you want to integrate to?

AEM suppors  some of the leading eCom solution out of the box i.e. Hybris, Magento, etc.

-Navin

Highlighted

AEM_Forum

05-03-2018

Hi Navin,

I am trying to understand Oracle Commerce.

But, I am stuck up with the basics themselves.

What is the job of the connector? I mean what is the part of implementation it comes with, so that we could avoid doing?

Between connecting two different eCommerce providers, what changes with respect to implementations and what remains the same?

What exactly do we mean by saying that AEM supports some eCommerce engines like Hybris OOB?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Rama.