Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

AEM Dynamic Media feature

Level 8

Hello Team,

I wanted to explore AEM dynamic media feature in my local system. I know, only about dynamic media run mode. Other than that, to explore this feature, anything else is needed?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Mahesh -

In order to truly explore this feature, you're going to need a Dynamic Media account to to work with.  Dynamic Media is an entirely separate SKU from AEM or AEM Cloud Service, so it's not available to you unless provisioned by your company.  However, if your company is an Adobe Partner, you can generally get access to a Dynamic Media sandbox environment that you can attach to your AEM Cloud Service sandbox, so that you can work on training & enablement. 

If you're a customer, reach out to your Adobe rep to see if this is possible.  If you're an Adobe Partner, just reach out to Partner APEX support and they can can (sometimes with considerable back & forth) get you set up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Mahesh_Gunaje ,

Dynamic Media content comes from a cached Cloud Service and renders the right image rendition, the correct resized and optimized image, for any requesting device. Located as a Content delivery function of AEM Assets, once you add media files in to Assets, they’re immediately made available to The Cloud Service.

To explore more on it you can follow below link

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/dynamic-media/dynamic-med....

Thanks
Tarun

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Mahesh -

In order to truly explore this feature, you're going to need a Dynamic Media account to to work with.  Dynamic Media is an entirely separate SKU from AEM or AEM Cloud Service, so it's not available to you unless provisioned by your company.  However, if your company is an Adobe Partner, you can generally get access to a Dynamic Media sandbox environment that you can attach to your AEM Cloud Service sandbox, so that you can work on training & enablement. 

If you're a customer, reach out to your Adobe rep to see if this is possible.  If you're an Adobe Partner, just reach out to Partner APEX support and they can can (sometimes with considerable back & forth) get you set up.