Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM - dispatcher filter - what is the difference between "url" and "path"

Level 7
{ /type "allow" /selectors "*" /extension '(gif|ico|jpeg|jpg|png|svg|pdf|webp)' /path "/content/dam/*" }

Hi folks,

In dispatcher filters, "url" and "path" seem to be interchangeable, at least in the examples I can find.  Suppose I put "url" in the filter above, would it work any differently? thanks Fiona

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Matching using /url

/url allows matching agains the entire URL string (except host), making /path, /suffix, /selectors and /extension unecessary, although they are still processed. In order to avoid errors resulting from overlapping matching (eg. /url and `/extension are both matching the extension in the same rule), only /type and /method should be used in combination with /url.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @fionas76543059 

As per my understanding,  "/url" and  "/path" works similarly in the dispatcher filters.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Matching using /url

/url allows matching agains the entire URL string (except host), making /path, /suffix, /selectors and /extension unecessary, although they are still processed. In order to avoid errors resulting from overlapping matching (eg. /url and `/extension are both matching the extension in the same rule), only /type and /method should be used in combination with /url.

Aanchal Sikka