Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Developer License

Level 1

Hi,

I am new and want to learn AEM sites development. So is it compulsory to buy a license of AEM to develop and learn on the local machine? or there is a developer license option available.

I setup we.retail store but got an error in "mvn clean install" that connection refused. And then i thought it would need AEM server instance.

Thanks.

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Yes, you would need AEM server in order to work with we.retail.

To start off, you should connect with Adobe sales person to get a trial/demo version of Adobe Experience Manager.

Check:

http://www.adobe.com/products/request-consultation/marketing-cloud.html?s_osc=70114000002J NwKAAW&s_iid=70114000002JHs3AAG

https://www.adobe.com/marketing/experience-manager.html

Regards,

Vishu

Community Advisor

Yes, you can learn the AEM in your local machine.

please signup to adobe solution partner website. if your corporate company is a partner with Adobe then you will get the trial AEM jar which you can work locally.

if you want to download the AEM: please fill the form below:

AEM Download Request Form

~ Prince

Level 1

We would like to be a Solution Partner once we learn and deliver. So what action to take, shall I fill up this AEM Download Request Form  or apply for solution partner and then fill up the form.

Community Advisor

Fill up the form and you will receive the link to download jar and trail license key which you can use while starting AEM.

I am not sure, if you are not a solution partner and will still receive the email.

if you are facing any issue then visit: Adobe Help Center

~ Prince

Level 3

This form no longer exists unfortunately. Is there any way to get a local developers license?

Level 3

did you ever solve this? Is there any way for developers to get a local test/trial license?  My company wants be to evaluate the product against EPiServer, which was easy as it runs find without a license (just gives you a water mark).

Level 3

as a developer, getting a license from adobe so you can learn their SW is incredibly difficult.  It took me 1 month, and I work for an adobe AEM partner.

Level 1

How do they expect to grow their platform popularity among developers and solution providers this way?
I cannot confidently advise this solution to any company that asks me simply because I just cannot get my hands on it for evaluation.

Level 1

Strangely yes this is how Adobe works atm, I share the same feeling with you.