Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

AEM- custom links not displaying in the RTE / Custom links getting removed from the RTE

Community Advisor

Hi All

This is a follow up question from https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-how-to-make-href-to-ac... 

I am trying to add a link to href in RTE with below format. ( this link will be processed by another system and AEM only serves the content via page )

format :- tel:${someproperty['value']}  

I could get the value rendered by adding the  regex to /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml ( the steps I mentioned in the ticket )

But everytime I open the dialog for authoring something else, the href which I authored gets removed and hence I have to re-author this value , each time I open the dialog for editing anything. Do anyone have any idea how to allow this kind of special properties as links in RTE ?

Thanks

Veena

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@VeenaVikraman Shashi again

Did you tried the approach of keeping RTE simple with tel:value in the link which will work OOTB and then converting tel:value with the format you are expecting like tel:${someproperty['value']} from backend either from sightly \${test} with escape sequence or using JSP for that piece.

Community Advisor
Nope @Shashi_Mulugu I cannot do it. Since RTE , I cannot handle it from backend as it won't be sure where the author places the tel:${someproperty['value']}