Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM cronjob based on details present under content node certain time

Level 8

Hello,

I have come across where we have cronjob with OSGI configurations written for the cron expression.

https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/scheduler-service-commons-scheduler.html#scheduling-w...

Instead of getting the time stamp from OSGI , I would want to get the time stamp stored  under /content/abc node property.

How could this be achieved that cronjob can trigger based on the time stamp stored under /content/abc

Could some one please provide inputs as how could this be done

Regards,

Srinivas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@srinivas_chann1 

The following two approaches will help you reach the given ask: 

1.  Create an event lister which will be invoked when the node property changes/updates
Alternatively
2. , create another cron job that reads the values/timestamps given in node properties, and based on those values, invokes another cron job which performs the task. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@srinivas_chann1 

The following two approaches will help you reach the given ask: 

1.  Create an event lister which will be invoked when the node property changes/updates
Alternatively
2. , create another cron job that reads the values/timestamps given in node properties, and based on those values, invokes another cron job which performs the task. 

Community Advisor

HI @srinivas_chann1 

If you are looking for how to change osgi configuration based on node update and when service is activated, check the sample logic at below

https://github.com/arunpatidar02/aemaacs-aemlab/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/community/aemlab/... 

You can also set default value in OCD reading from node, make sure the service ranking in a desire order

Arun Patidar

Level 8

Thanks to @arunpatidar  and @Nitin_laad  both the inputs helped to solve this issue