Expand my Community achievements bar.

[AEM] Creating Proxy Component for Youtube Embeddable then overlaying Sling Model of it

Level 2

Is it possible to overlay the implementation of YouTube class? My requirement is to override the iframe src but it still calling the core youtube embeddable implementation. I know how to overlay implementation of core components ive tried to others like Embed component but i fail doing it in the youtube one.

Anyone has an idea if youtube embeddable can be overlayed?

Thanks alot!

7 Replies

Level 2

gvmarcelo_0-1694769934110.png

See above that I already overlayed the youtube embeddable component pointing to the core youtube embeddable and also created an extension but when i debug the component still calls the core YouTubeImpl.

gvmarcelo_1-1694769996580.png

Administrator

@gvmarcelo Did you find the suggestion from @arunpatidar helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi, i did what it said here https://www.netcentric.biz/insights/2017/05/new-core-components but still the component calls the core implementation. I am still checking on what would the issue be.

Level 2

Yes i have also extended embed component successfully thats why it is weird to not have the youtubeimpl working. I have double-checked but it still calls the core youtube embeddable.