Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

AEM Content Insights and AEM sites Analytics not working

Level 6

I have followed the directions from the page from this link https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/integrate-digital-marketing-solutions.htm l in order to connect AEM (local) to DTM and Adobe Analytics. Everything looks good and I can see the server calls and props and eVars fire correctly however,

1. how do I get the content insights to show data in the graphs?

2. How do I get the analytics to show pageviews, unique visitors and time on page in the view settings in sites?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please follow the steps:

• New Cloud Service configuration  AEM Author containing credentials to connect to Adobe Analytics.
  • New Adobe Analytics Framework configuration on AEM Author which maps the content pages of the author to the related Analytics data based on content path.
  • New Page Load Rule in DTM (triggered at DOM Ready with the below described custom conditions)
    var pagePath = document.head.querySelector("[name=path]").content; _satellite.setVar("pageName", pagePath); return true;

Notes:

• The path is stored as metadata in the page headers (added at base page level)
    • The Adobe Analytics setting of the above mentioned Page Load Rule needs to be set on the following way: Page Name field = %pageName%
    • The Adobe Analytics Framework configuration needs to be assigned to the root page of the site (page properties -> cloud services -> Adobe Analytics -> select the recently created Framework configuration)

Please refer to this old post, where member had similar problem:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 6

I also get the below message when trying to add the page views in the view settings within AEM sites, Do I need to add another cloud connection other than Adobe DTM and Analytics?

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please follow the steps:

• New Cloud Service configuration  AEM Author containing credentials to connect to Adobe Analytics.
  • New Adobe Analytics Framework configuration on AEM Author which maps the content pages of the author to the related Analytics data based on content path.
  • New Page Load Rule in DTM (triggered at DOM Ready with the below described custom conditions)
    var pagePath = document.head.querySelector("[name=path]").content; _satellite.setVar("pageName", pagePath); return true;

Notes:

• The path is stored as metadata in the page headers (added at base page level)
    • The Adobe Analytics setting of the above mentioned Page Load Rule needs to be set on the following way: Page Name field = %pageName%
    • The Adobe Analytics Framework configuration needs to be assigned to the root page of the site (page properties -> cloud services -> Adobe Analytics -> select the recently created Framework configuration)

Please refer to this old post, where member had similar problem:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni