Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Component Model

Level 10

Hi, When we design components for an AEM implementation, we come up with the requirements and map them to AEM Out Of Box Components and Custom Components (to be developed), define their characteristics and go ahead with coding. But, do we actually use a "Component Model" in the Architecture perspective? A Component Model is a diagrammatic representation of components, showing interactions among them. If someone could share a sample, it helps. Highly appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Lokesh,

Sounds great.

I will be waiting for your inputs.

Thanks a million.

Rama.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

AEM Docs do not have such a diagram. However -- there are plenty of tools that will help you map Java/JS code to diagrams.

Level 10

There is nothing standardized design like 'Component Model' from the Architecture perspective. However there could be multiple things that can be captured during the design

1. Component Flow Diagram ->How exactly that component interacts with Sling Models, Services etc.

2. Template to Component mapping -> To define what components are allowed/used in the respective components

3. Component Diagram -> Very similar to ER diagram to represent the relationship if there are any due to resourceType and resourceSuperType.

Level 7

Hi Lokesh,

First of all apologies for unmarking it as "Correct Answer".

In fact your answer is perfect.

If you could share with me some of each of these artifacts for any reference/sample implementation (or even parts of it), I would be grateful to you.

So far, I used only Word based component descriptions, but none in a diagrammatic manner.

I highly appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

I dont have a generic examples on these. I have created couple of them for our projects but I cant share them. I will see if I can create some example sometime later and share it here..

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Lokesh,

Sounds great.

I will be waiting for your inputs.

Thanks a million.

Rama.

Level 10

I believe Lokesh (in his answer that  was marked as correct answer) is saying is you can create such diagrams using tools like this -- Free Component Diagram Tool

Have you used any tool for this purpose?

Level 7

Hi Scott,

I am mainly looking for any case studies in the AEM domain.

Thanks,

Rama.