Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Coding for performance

Level 10

Hi all,

Kindly suggest AEM Coding best practices for high performance.

I am aware that performance depends on many features outside AEM also like infra, etc.

But my question is mainly from AEM coding perspective from a developer angle.

This list may be something like:

1. Dispatcher Configuration

2. Reduce server round trips as much as possible

3. Database indexing

4. SPA

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @AEM_Forum ,

Here are a few best practices for improving the performance of an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) application from a coding perspective:

1. Use the AEM Dispatcher cache to reduce server round trips and improve response times. The Dispatcher cache stores the rendered HTML of AEM pages, components, and assets, so that they can be served directly from the cache instead of being rendered on the server.

2. Use AEM's built-in performance optimization features, such as the Page Performance service and the Client-side Library Manager, to improve the performance of AEM pages and components.

3. Use the AEM Query Debugger and the AEM Performance Monitor to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in your code.

4. Use lazy loading and pagination to improve the performance of pages and components that display large amounts of data.

5. Use content fragment models and the AEM Content Fragment HTTP API to optimize the delivery of structured content to the front end.

6. Use AEM's client-side rendering capabilities, such as the SPA Editor and the Single Page Application (SPA) framework, to improve the performance of client-side rendering and reduce server round trips.

7. Use server-side rendering to improve the performance of client-side rendering in low-bandwidth environments.

8. Use the AEM Mobile app and the AEM Mobile On-Demand Services to optimize the performance of mobile applications.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ravi Joshi

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @AEM_Forum ,

Here are a few best practices for improving the performance of an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) application from a coding perspective:

1. Use the AEM Dispatcher cache to reduce server round trips and improve response times. The Dispatcher cache stores the rendered HTML of AEM pages, components, and assets, so that they can be served directly from the cache instead of being rendered on the server.

2. Use AEM's built-in performance optimization features, such as the Page Performance service and the Client-side Library Manager, to improve the performance of AEM pages and components.

3. Use the AEM Query Debugger and the AEM Performance Monitor to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in your code.

4. Use lazy loading and pagination to improve the performance of pages and components that display large amounts of data.

5. Use content fragment models and the AEM Content Fragment HTTP API to optimize the delivery of structured content to the front end.

6. Use AEM's client-side rendering capabilities, such as the SPA Editor and the Single Page Application (SPA) framework, to improve the performance of client-side rendering and reduce server round trips.

7. Use server-side rendering to improve the performance of client-side rendering in low-bandwidth environments.

8. Use the AEM Mobile app and the AEM Mobile On-Demand Services to optimize the performance of mobile applications.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ravi Joshi