Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

[AEM Cloud] Issue creating a new profile using same role in different environments

Level 2
For starting to use AEM cloud environments environments on our development process I created one DEV and one QA environment and I am now trying to give access to all my team members.

am following the following documentation that I found about it which looks very straightforward, but I am facing the following issue:

I was able to create a new profile for the DEV environment using the role CM_DEVELOPER_ROLE_PROFILE and the developers have access now to the DEV environment.
But when I tried to create a new profile for the developers using the same role in the QA environment I am getting the following error

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.42.32 PM.png

After a lot of tests I was able to identify the error is being triggered when I am creating a new profile under the QA environment using the role CM_DEVELOPER_ROLE_PROFILE which was previously used for creating another profile but under the DEV environment.

Based on the documentation I understood that I needed to create on each environment one Developer profile using the same Role so I can add all the developers on each Role, but based in my tests that is not something I can do without getting the above error, this makes me wonder if I am not understanding correctly the documentation or if there is something I am missing.

I would appreciate your help or input to help me sort out this issue.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, Is this resolved?

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Not really, but I received instructions from Adobe about the workaround for this, basically the roles should not be managed with profiles at the environments level. A user group in the admin console must be created and in the AEM instance that group can be used to assign permissions