Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM cloud - How to identify if HTML page is served from dispatcher, publisher or CDN(fastly)

Level 4

How to identify if HTML page is served from dispatcher, publisher or CDN(fastly)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@karanmahi ,

Below are few parameters I have identified - based on that I can consider 

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 4.22.32 PM.png

If the request is handled by Publisher s:dispatcher3apsoutheast1 is missing (Passing queryStringParam) - I would assume this is served by publisher.

About x-cache: You already know as you went through above link.
Apart from this honestly not sure If there are other ways to identify.
Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @karanmahi ,

You may track such information in Headers section

Similar question answered here - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-know-page-is-served...

Hope that helps you!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 4

Hi Santosh,

I saw that link before, but it didn't help me to isolate the request between the dispatcher and the publisher. Also, please share more details about your screenshot like which parameter you are referencing other than x-cache which indicates that it's served from CDN. Since we are on the cloud, we didn't find any direct mechanism to find that.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@karanmahi ,

Below are few parameters I have identified - based on that I can consider 

If the request is handled by Publisher s:dispatcher3apsoutheast1 is missing (Passing queryStringParam) - I would assume this is served by publisher.

About x-cache: You already know as you went through above link.
Apart from this honestly not sure If there are other ways to identify.
Hope this helps!

Community Advisor

Hi @karanmahi 

I am sure you are aware of the architecture of the AEM. Hence, as mentioned in the post below, try customization from your end.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-know-page-is-served...

Also, you can use /cache section to decide what to be cached and what not: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-c...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam

Level 4

@Kiran_Vedantam I hope you understand things are different in cloud architecture. Please don't copy-paste the link when I specifically mentioned I have gone through that link. But, If you have more details to achieve this customization in cloud architecture, please share. Secondly, my question is not about what to cache, so let's not bring that into the discussion. Thankyou!

Community Advisor

@karanmahi 

Thanks for the response. Hope your query gets resolved!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.