Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

[AEM Cloud] Editable HTML tables

Level 4

Hello,

We have a client with a lot of custom tables, how they have been managing this in the past is that they create a new component for each table, this is because the way the tables are styled and structured varies a lot from table to table. But now that we have upgraded to AEM Cloud we are looking at better ways to manage this. 

Some ideas we have been eyeballing are creating table components that can be build in different ways with multifields, or by separating the different parts of a table into smaller components and then combining those, but again there are many unique tables in the site.

I was hoping someone had some insight or suggestion on how to approach a problem like this, I was also wondering if those HTML tables could be pasted into a rich text like component as raw HTML and then perhaps using @CONTEXT unsafe or something just render that HTML in the site or perhaps importing the tables from someplace else.

Attached are some examples of the tables we have. Each one is its own component.

    

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 8.50.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 8.49.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 8.49.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 8.49.48 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Jeanmaradiaga,

I would suggest to explore following options:

• OOTB RTE component with table plugin with table styles - this should be a combination of good authoring experience, and reasonable development/configuration effort
  • OOTB embed component - this will allow authors to simply put plain html with table markup
  • if above options are not good enough you could consider to create custom component that will allow to build all table types you need

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Jeanmaradiaga,

I would suggest to explore following options:

• OOTB RTE component with table plugin with table styles - this should be a combination of good authoring experience, and reasonable development/configuration effort
  • OOTB embed component - this will allow authors to simply put plain html with table markup
  • if above options are not good enough you could consider to create custom component that will allow to build all table types you need