Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM BulkEditor Tool

Level 2

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to edit a string array "String[]" in the AEM bulk editor tool?

http://localhost:4502/etc/importers/bulkeditor.html

I've added the custom property I'm looking to edit and the property name is being returned in the results but it has no values showing for editing, other custom page properties that are saved as strings are showing and are editable.

I've searched the community and read through the docs and it doesn't say anything about string arrays so I thought I would ask.

The Bulk Editor - docs.adobe.com

Cheers Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Here is an article talking about similar issue.. This was 5.6.. Shouldnt be any different in higher version as well..

AEM(CQ5.6) BULK EDITOR Extension Part 1 | TO THE NEW Blog

Cheers!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

Added a custom multifield property.. On search it appears as comma separated property.. You can just add more values there and save..

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 2.54.48 PM.png

Hope this works for you..

Level 2

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the response, I have entered several comma separated custom properties in my search and have had them all return, the issue I was having was that the page property with values saved as string arrays were not returning any results.

I retried my search on the Geometrixx site looking for cq:tags as they are saved as string arrays and as per your screen shot had the tags returned as a comma separated list.

I retried this on my site stack and strangely after clicking search the default values of sling:resourceType and jcr:title were returned in the results but after clicking the search button a second time the other custom page property results were returned in the search results as well???

Strange result but a result none the less.

Level 2

Update: when editing the values of a string array result returned in the Bulk Editor after saving the changes they are either stripped out, in the case of cq:tags or saved as a single value in a string array not separate array values as per normal.

So even if I can get the results in the BulkEditor I can't edit string arrays

If anyone has any ideas on this one, they would be appreciated too.

unedited normal string array:

standard-string-array-results.jpg

Edited string array

edited-string-array-results.jpg

Edited cq:tags string array

cq-tag-string-array-results.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 7

Here is an article talking about similar issue.. This was 5.6.. Shouldnt be any different in higher version as well..

AEM(CQ5.6) BULK EDITOR Extension Part 1 | TO THE NEW Blog

Cheers!!

Level 2

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for that, very interesting to read that the BulkEditor is still as buggy as it was 4 years ago

Cheers Jeff